The most important piece to our success is our people
We are always eager for motivated, and results-driven people to join our team!
Florist/Floral Designer/Event Installation Assistant
Responsible for artistically arranging flowers to make wedding bouquets, wreaths, corsages, and other decorations.
- Arrange both real and artificial flowers for display at weddings and special events
- Make traditional corsages, bouquets, wreaths, and wedding decorations, as well as other kinds of original designs.
- Waters plants, cuts, conditions and cleans flowers and foliage and prepares for storage and design.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the design area and cooler.
- Create original designs.
- Physically sets up special events, decorates facilities for parties, weddings, etc.
- Work with management to fulfill client vision for occasions such as weddings and other special events.
- Work with a wide range of foliage and flowers.
- Cut stems to the proper length.
- Keep flowers watered and fresh.
- Discard wilting or dead arrangements.
- Inform management if needed about the care, maintenance, and handling of flowers.
- Provide advice and suggestions for flower selection.
- Unpack flowers and prepare for storage.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Must have sufficient clarity of speech and hearing.
- Must have an adequate vision with or without corrective lenses
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity including but not limited to bending, squatting, reaching above the head, climb and walk straight, push/pull heavy loads.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures while performing the functions of this position.
- Report to work on all days scheduled at or before the clock-in time required.
- Dress in a professional manner befitting the position.
- Maintain a moderate to high energy level while on the job.
- Attend all meetings as required by management.
- Maintain working knowledge of the Event Rental Industry.
- Maintain a positive "can-do" attitude at all times.
- Clean up the job site after delivery and pickup.
- Complete paperwork per company policy.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Should be available to work inconsistent and atypical hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have basic math and counting skills.
- Willingness to work with hands and labor intensive duties.
- Prior floral design experience
- Lots of Enthusiasm, professionalism, and commitment.
- Great customer service skills
- Flexible schedule.
- Reliable Transportation
- Must be able to follow instructions and operational standards.